[TowerTalk] TicRing vs. Side Mount

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TicRing vs. Side Mount
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:44:24 -0500
A few days ago, someone commented on the cost of a side mount
vs. TIC Ring. Yes, the side mount is cheaper, but don't forget to
add the cost of the rotor. When you do, it's probably about the
I have 2 TIC Rings on my tower. While there have been a few minor
problems along the way (eg, bad direction indicating pot), one Ring
has been up 8 years and the other for 2 years, and their both
working well. If there were room for another antenna, I'd use another
TIC Ring.
73 Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: