[TowerTalk] K8UR 4SQR modifications

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K8UR 4SQR modifications
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:01:57 -0500
Intuitively, without actually modeling the array you converted to, the
heavy radiation is near the dipole feedpoint. In the sideways V
configuration the horizontal placement of the radiation was "fuzzy", and
on average probably suboptimal. The trick you used "focused" the
radiation (apparently to some considerable degree) at the design points,
which allowed "sharper" cancellation for the f/b.

Certainly worth checking out on the program when I get some time. Wonder
what the difference would be for the minimum vertical run possible. That
might make an 80 meter version scalable.

73

Guy Olinger
Apex, NC, USA