[TowerTalk] Interlaced beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Interlaced beams
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 05:51:43 -0800

Hi All

I was looking at a CQ magazine and saw a picture of a Raibeam
tri-bander.
It is on a 12 foot boom, and looks like the spacing from the
driven element to reflector is about 6 feet, and from the 20
meter driven element to the end of the boom looks like 6 feet.
The 10 and 15 meter antennas are on the other end of the boom.
Between the 20 meter elements is the 15 meter reflector and
between the 10 meter elements is the 15 meter reflector.
It looks like it would be pretty easy to duplicate, but I was
wondering how the antenna would work with the elements all
intertwined like that.
Anyone have any info on the Raibeam??  73
Tom W7WHY