[TowerTalk] Tilt-over Towers

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tilt-over Towers
From: (
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 16:48:10 EST
In a message dated 3/17/01 1:32:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

> How many of you have experienced 10 years without a failure?

    IMO that's a basic tower/antenna construction goal.
>  How many of you would be satisfied with the same antenna for 10 years?
    I've had the same antennas up for almost 20 years.
>  My experience is much different.  Rotors fail frequently.
    Well, you're right. I didn't make the comment about the rotators since
they rarely makite for ten years. My experience has been 6-7 years typically.
But if all you have to do is a rotator swap in ten years, that's not a bad

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech