[TowerTalk] Permit help Please??

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Permit help Please??
From: (
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 00:54:26 EST
In a message dated 3/19/01 8:14:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

> Well,this is for a friend who has found himself in
>  deep doodoo.
>  He bought a tri-ex 70ft freestanding tower
>  and all the fixing's.Myself and a few other all pitched
>  in and installed it correctly in Chicago.
>  He had no permit.....
>  The city now has summoned him to get a permit.
>  PLEASE,what should our first step be?

    Well, I'd get the permit. You can retro a permit if you have any
documentation (receipts, photos, etc.) but you'll still have to get stamped
PE drawings. Go to the building department and get a permit application
package and start there.

>  Lawyer?

    Why do you need a lawyer? He can't change the building codes. You need to
jump through the hoops for a permit. Assuming of course that you don't have
any fatal CC&R's. Conditional Use Permits and Variances not included.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech