[TowerTalk] Tower Base Construction

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Construction
From: (
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:46:11 -0500

>  P.S.  Although there is some danger involved, I never had even a hint
>  of cave in while doing this. I always had a line tied to me and to a
>  block about 15' from the hole, just in case. Having a lookout posted
>  topside should be required.

The line is required so that the trench rescue team can get a good idea
of where the body is located.  I know you aren't superman.  ONLY
superman can escape a trench colapse.  Did you know that the velocity of
the sidewall of a trench during collapse is ~60mph?  There is a
possibility of you escaping a trench collapse, but, the probability of
you doing it is near zero.

Joseph Mowery
Firefighter / EMT,
Heavy / Tactical Rescue