[TowerTalk] Vertical array applications

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical array applications
From: (
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:48:33 EST
In a message dated 3/20/2001 10:01:59 Eastern Standard Time, writes:

>  But I don't believe a 4-square transmit antenna on the high
>  bands is a cost-effective way to compete with a rotary dipole, much less a
>  2-element yagi.

Here we must be hitting on discrepancies between theory (modeling programs,
some books) and reality.
Using "crummy" 2 el. parasitic verticals and dysfunctional 3 el. triangular
array sitting on the beach I came very close to W4ZV 10m score who was using
optimized 3 stack KLM of 6 el. (Both in NC) (yea, yea, I am 5x times better
operator, etc. :-)
I can "cost effective" forest of verticals for the price of 3 stack :-)
(And don't need towers :-)
You ought to try it to believe it!

Yuri, was N2EE