[TowerTalk] problems with 10m COMTEK 4 sq unit

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] problems with 10m COMTEK 4 sq unit
From: (
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:02:15 EST
Feel little bit better.
I changed vertical radiators to "crummy" 1/4 wave with elevated radials close
to ground and was able to obtain 50 ohms at the TX port with 75 ohm lines. I
do not get dip of SWR at the same frequency as minimum dumped power
frequency, but close enough to be usable. I will play more with pruning at
the beach, see what I get with salty ground.

Now hurry and put together 3 el. S-Quad.

I fired the 4 square, wanted to see the directivity on the band, and...
nobody home, looks like a wipeout from abt 15 MHz up? Deaaaadsky as a
Hope it recovers for contest.

looks like to be NT1E on 10m