[TowerTalk] coax attenuation question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax attenuation question
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:55:20 EST
I use jumpers from my IC756 to my Ameritron AL800 amp.  Occassionally, I
notice that certain bands, mostly the low bands, become effected with signal
attentuation coming into the rig.  The coax checks ok with a meter, but what
might happening to it over time to cause this...I change out the coax, and
the newer coax cures the problem- but the old coax seems to look ok......any
suggestions or ideas??

When I do end up changing out the coax jumper, sometimes, I have to go
through 2 or 3 different lengths to get one that works- I've had 3 footers up
to 20 feet.......all RG8X......I just chalk it up to the DX gods but what
might be happening here and any suggestions on curing the problem-???  Of
note, I did have a piece once that work just fine except on 12 meters, when I
changed it out, everything was good again until after about a year-

73  Paul  N0AH