[TowerTalk] rope in elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope in elements
From: ve3tu@rac.ca (Steve)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:15:23 +0000
I was wondering if any one on the reflector has any
comments about the pros and cons of putting rope in beam
elements. It seems that the tips are always the first part
of the beam to self eject. I tried an elements with and
without rope and there was a slight reduction in vibration
with the rope (spinning an element by hand) es just
wondering if there is an other benefit. Also any comments
about a Cushcraft XM520 used without the truss on the
boom, it's going on a ring rotator so it would be simpler
without the truss.

tu es 73 Steve