[TowerTalk] rope in elements

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope in elements
From: (Jeff Stai WK6I)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 05:55:20 -0800 wrote:
> In a message dated 3/26/01 7:39:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> writes:
> > Hawks have taken a liking to my Force-12 Magnum 340.  Sitting on the boom
> >  doesn't worry me, but that's not the case with the elements.  Would a
> >  plastic owl keep them off?
>     It's the classic approach - I think HRO even sells them.

It is an interesting question whether a lowly owl would bother a hawk! The hawk
may decide the appropriate response would be to drive off the competition...
I'd suggest contacting a local college or zoo and ask them what would keep a
hawk away.

HRO does sell owls - a bit of trivia: when the Anaheim HRO burned down several
months ago, the only thing that survived the fire was one of those owls...

73! - jeff wk6i

jeff stai
radio stuff:   WK6I in DM13
rocket stuff:  NAR #21059 TRA #3356 Level 2 Cert.
email: or
ROC web page:
LDRS web page: