[TowerTalk] rope in elements

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope in elements
From: (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:00:05 -0500
> The 10m director didn't last a year at WP2Z on the C3E due to wind.
> The tip broke off where it goes into the next larger piece. You can
> watch the elements vibrate in the wind.
> Tony
> N2TK

Well, that's the third report. Clive had it happen, and so did I.

My 20 meter antenna hums a tune, but so far it hasn't lost a tip.
The only tip that has fallen off was on a 10/15 meter dual band
antenna, and it was a ten meter director.

I can't imagine water getting inside the element with end-caps...and
certainly no UV light does. I'd use any soft rope. But that is my
choice for me.

IMO, any rope is better than no rope.

73, Tom W8JI
List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!