[TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] Roof Tower or Quadpod

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] Roof Tower or Quadpod
From: (Eddy Avila)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 05:45:53 -0000
Eric......check my install on roof:

On 2nd story with mast C3e is above ground about 36' but too close to roof
and stuff beneath roof.....the top antenna is Cushcraft 5-el on 6 meters at
41'....seriously thinking of removing 6-mtr antenna and pushing Force12 up
to top....the tower is a 9' Glenn Martin, very nice construction!!!

I can work Europe on 20-15-10 when band is open but definitely not a BIG GUN
with C3e so wish I had the bucks to put up 80-90' tower in

Hope this helps......73/ ed

To: <>
>Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:11:48 -0500
>Need some sagely advice for my spring/summer (should it ever get here!)
>antenna project, one that I'm planning to do with local help, raising
>my C3-SS ~6 feet higher off the roof.
>I can go with either 12 or so feet of Rohn 25 (flat top, straight
>section, peak roof mount) with guys
>IIX 10 foot roof quadpod without guys.
>I've done the later (I have a ~6 ft aluminum quadpod up now), so I know
>how to do that, but I've not done a roof mounted tower in a long, long
>I don't know much about guying towers (never seen anything written on
>the subject...can anyone point to references?) -- planning, materials,
>costing, installing and tweaking, etc. -- so I'd be diving into new
>Any suggestions, thoughts, advice, etc. are appreciated.  I'll post a
>summary here for those interested.
>Eric W3DQ
>Washington, DC
>Force12Talk mailing list provided as a service by Force 12 Antennas, Inc.
>Force 12 Web site:
>Submissions: send to
>To unsubscribe: send a blank e-mail to
>Force12Talk Message Archive:
>For problems with the list, contact

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!