[TowerTalk] rope in elements

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope in elements
From: (
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:49:14 +0200
 An antenna that needs ropes in elements are poorly
 If you taper the elements correctly there is no need.
 I have not lost a single element in 30 years and dont
 know of any that has (in this area)when using correctly
 tapered elements.
 The first Yagi I put up was a 6 el 20, it lost 4 elements
 only after 2 weeks (hi), sure I solved the problem by
 putting ropes in elements and the antenna lasted another
 10 years until i took it down, however failure was due
 to my poor construction, these days I know how to do it.

 73, Jim SM2EKM

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!