[TowerTalk] Owl observations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Owl observations
From: davidw@copper.net (David J. Windisch)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 05:47:05 -0500
> I've had a plastic owl perched on top of the mast for
> about ten years now. Prior to putting the owl up, the
> antennas at times would be covered almost entirely by
> grackles, a large black bird that is very noisy and

While we are on the subject, what direction is true north?

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

My real radio man's talking comp  ass sez pi-radians from the really-real
true north.   I can't figure if that's clockwise, anti-clockwise, or
counter-clockwise, or how many turns away that is, cuz there's supposed to
be a correction for magnetic deviates.    I thought deviates got corrected
by Bubba who gets attracted to them up to the BigHouse.

So, I just labeled the blank rotor control face I made:  Europe, Africa,
etc.   But it still always points at the birds.   And at times, Europe comes
in from different directions, and I have to start all over with a new face.

Any help out there in radio comp   ass land?    This pointy stuff is really,
really pro avian.

73, Dave, K3BHJ

--
List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety