[TowerTalk] Owl observations

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Owl observations
From: (David J. Windisch)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 05:47:05 -0500
> I've had a plastic owl perched on top of the mast for
> about ten years now. Prior to putting the owl up, the
> antennas at times would be covered almost entirely by
> grackles, a large black bird that is very noisy and

While we are on the subject, what direction is true north?

73, Tom W8JI

My real radio man's talking comp  ass sez pi-radians from the really-real
true north.   I can't figure if that's clockwise, anti-clockwise, or
counter-clockwise, or how many turns away that is, cuz there's supposed to
be a correction for magnetic deviates.    I thought deviates got corrected
by Bubba who gets attracted to them up to the BigHouse.

So, I just labeled the blank rotor control face I made:  Europe, Africa,
etc.   But it still always points at the birds.   And at times, Europe comes
in from different directions, and I have to start all over with a new face.

Any help out there in radio comp   ass land?    This pointy stuff is really,
really pro avian.

73, Dave, K3BHJ

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!