[TowerTalk] Steel vs Aluminum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Steel vs Aluminum
From: jmowery@nswc.navy.mil (jmowery@nswc.navy.mil)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:39:08 -0500

John,
     This information can be found in any book on "Engineering of
Materials".  Another source of good engineering information is the
"Marks Standard Handbood for Mechanical Engineers."
     All the talk here about failure on beam can be explained but,
it would take several semesters of Statics, Dynamics, Strength of
Materials, and Vibration Analysis.
     If you live close to any College you can get a good deal
on used text books at the end of semesters.  Also, a library will have
a used book sale and sometimes that include technical books for
sale.

Joe

Joseph D. Mowery
AG4BW
BSME EIT
Firefighter / EMT
Heavy Tactical Rescue

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          "John D.     |
|        |          Farr"        |
|        |          <johnfarr@ro.|
|        |          com>         |
|        |                       |
|        |          03/29/01     |
|        |          07:41 PM     |

  |       To:     jmowery@nswc.navy.mil, towertalk@contesting.com
                           |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Joseph Mowery/N13/N10/NDept/NSWCDD)
                           |
  |       Subject:     RE: [TowerTalk] Steel vs Aluminum

Joe: This looks like you have found some sort of specification on designing
with aluminum. Could you tell me which ones this info is found in?
thanks, John KC4ZXX