[TowerTalk] Matching 75 ohm hardline for 3 bands

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Matching 75 ohm hardline for 3 bands
From: (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 13:19:24 +0200
Assuming matched antennas and raliziong that also reflected power will be
attenuated, expecially at 440 MHz.
Extra losses because of an 1:1.5 SWR produced by a 75 OHm cable use are
neglegible and much less than with an intrinsecal lossier 50 Ohm cable.
Unless the cable lenght isn't exactly a quarter wave or an odd multiple, the
SWR will stay 1:1.5 (or less) whose fact is within solid state PA
I'd simply use the 75 OHm coax, eventually trimming out a bad lenght with an
RG11 (RG59) tail.

Mauri I4JMY