[TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question
From: (Gerald Smith)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:33:13 -0500
I too had an engineer design elevated guy anchors. The alternative to an
I-beam, I used, is structural steel tubing. Mine is 5 inch square, 3/8
wall by 10 feet resulting in 5 feet above grade. Remember, you must have
'Nelsons" (horizontal pieces) welded to the post below grade, in contact
with the concrete, for structural integrity.