[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question
From: (
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:28:25 EDT
In a message dated 4/2/01 2:34:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

> I too had an engineer design elevated guy anchors. The alternative to an
>  I-beam, I used, is structural steel tubing. Mine is 5 inch square, 3/8
>  wall by 10 feet resulting in 5 feet above grade. 

    Steel tubing 5 inch square? I'm a little confused - please elaborate. 

    What grade is the steel tubing? Any idea what the bending moment is? Just 

>  Remember, you must have
>  'Nelsons" (horizontal pieces) welded to the post below grade, in contact
>  with the concrete, for structural integrity.

    Are these flanges? How big do they have to be? I haven't seen these 
mentioned before.

Cheers,    Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech 

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>