[TowerTalk] Connectors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:26:46 -0500
A long time ago, I also got "burned" on some bargain PL-
259s that I also had bought at a hamfest. The particular
connectors I had bought had such a narrow gap where
one solders the braid thru the 4 holes, that one would've
had to use a soldering gun with the tip filed down to a
thickness of about 1/16" in order to be able to do the

Since then, it has been NOTHING but Amphenol conn-
ectors that I buy. R&L Electronics has very good prices
on them. I use the Astro-Plate for my HF antennas; no
silver or gold plated ones. They are the best quality, in
my opinion. 73 de Brad @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL)