[TowerTalk] Petrezewski (sp?) array ..

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Petrezewski (sp?) array ..
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:21:21 -0400
At 02:33 PM 4/5/01 +0100, Bill Tippett wrote:
>P.S.  Personally, I would go with a driven system (Comtek) if I were
>using full-size only need 4 instead of 5 and the results
>are more predictable using a forced system IMHO.

Actually, the parasitic systems work fine with 4 or even three dipoles,
although the beamwidth increases proportionately.  Wx0B and I are arguing
offline about which system shows better F/B and gain in modeling...

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the tower in the center of
such an array can play a significant role, at least as reflected in the
currents that flow on it.  I'm not sure what experience has been with the
effect of a tower in the center of a 4-square.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!