[TowerTalk] Petrezewski (sp?) array ..

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Petrezewski (sp?) array ..
From: (
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 23:49:49 -0400
The viariations of this array (sloping dipole, K8UR, 4X array, and K3LR) are
a step up from most antennas on 40/80/160.  But as K3LR and KC1XX are
finding a high rotatable 2 el beam (or bigger) is as good if not better!
One additional configuration in the N4SU half loop array that is memtioned
in the ON4UN books.

My 2 el short cushcraft beats 4 squares on 40 almost anytime.   I still have
not heard of anyone trying the
G4ZU/W9PNE modified X beam on 80 or 75.   The models on my 12 meter X beam
show almost 5 (7.1DBi) on 12 and I break pile ups
easily with 300 watts...I worked most of my 306 countries there barefoot
with 100W.   So I assume the X beam using the W9PNE design from the ARRL
ANtenna Compendium Vol 1 will or exceed the shorty beams.   Plus there is NO

Wish I had room and the proper tower...Maybe I 'll strap one to a tall tree
and figure a way to electronically rotate it!

73 Dave K4JRB

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!