[TowerTalk] quad driven element tuning

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] quad driven element tuning
From: (Lane Zeitler)
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 07:35:42 -0700
My 5 band quad uses one feedline for 20-17-15 and one for 12-10. I attempted
to zero in the fo of the driven loops yesterday for 20-17-15. All three
bands are a little high in fo so I added about 4 inches of wire to each
driven loop. The fo did not change one khz!!!! What is going on????
Interaction btwn the three bands???? I am not using any type of matching
network, just fed directly with 50 ohm coax and all three of these bands are
parallel fed. Any ideas of why the fo did not budge???

P.S. I have not attempted to zero in 12-10 yet.

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!