[TowerTalk] Re:Beam Orientation in Wind--How To Eliminate It.

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re:Beam Orientation in Wind--How To Eliminate It.
From: (Dan Evans)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 09:31:18 -0700

  I've speeded up all the
> other light rotators I have and even the small TV rotators for many
> They love the way they work.  Someday it may catch on.  You have to try it
> first.  K7GCO

You've got my attention:-)  I would love to "speed up" the TV rotor that I
use in  my Rover setup.  My rotor typically has a very small load, just  a
couple of small VHF yagi's.  How do you go about speeding them up?  I've
often thought about this.  Often during VHF contests, by the time I get the
beam around the station I'm looking for has already moved his, or left the

I am currently using a channel master TV rotor, but I also have an Alliance
U110 available.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!