[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] permit help/engineer stamp?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] permit help/engineer stamp?
From: (
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 12:45:04 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/01 8:43:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 

> Well,back to my buddy who has a correctly installed
>  Tri-Ex 70ft tower installed...
>  Well,he didnt have a permit as was told by the city of
>  Chicago to get one,,,
>  Well,after much grief,he is now at the point where they
>  will issue him a permit if he gets a Structural Engineer
>  to sign the Tri-Ex plans (instructions) and the permit
>  application...
>  Well,I was kinda under the impression that the tri-ex plans were drafted by
>  an engineer and approved by
>   "someone" before this thing was sold...
>  ANYWHO,Please,anyone know a structural engineer in Illinois that might sign
>  this thing without charging an arm and a leg? (1 estimate was 5k!!!)

    Go to the ARRL website and look for 'Volunteer Consulting Engineers'. 

    Yes, going to an engineering firm is expensive although $5k is REAL 
exorbitant. My PE does them in his spare time and charges me $400.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech 

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>
  • [TowerTalk] permit help/engineer stamp?, <=