[TowerTalk] Pouring concrete

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pouring concrete
From: (
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:17:35 EDT
I'm not a concrete guy, but I figure 27 cubic feet of concrete per yard.
A 3x3x4 hole is 36 cubic feet.
6 holes = 216 cubic feet or 8 yards of concrete.

How do you get by with a 1/2 yard of concrete per hole?

This has been of great interest to me as I'm ready to pour 1 3x3x4 hole for
some Rohn 25.  I have a hand mixer lined up, but after reading these posts I
believe I'll forget it and get a concrete truck and a load of dirt to fix the
I figured the hole + 4 inches above the ground = 39 cubic feet or about 1.5
yards of concrete. This still leaves the guy points which I was going to do
with the hand mixer, but now I'm not sure about that either.

Have I figured this wrong?

GL es 73 to all - Don K4BEV

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,