[TowerTalk] RE: Pouring Concrete

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Pouring Concrete
From: (
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:11:46 EDT

> Why not rent a concrete pump? Around here you can rent a trailer-mounted
>  for less than $200 per day. For my last pour I used 150 feet of hose. Sure
>  makes life a whole lot easier!

    Did you drive down to the rental yard and bring it home yourself (trailer
mounted or what?)? How far will it pump? How much will it pump? How big is
the hose?

    I haven't seen one of these and am interested in knowing more about it.

    This could be really handy but I'm not sure if it'll pump enough to get
the concrete truck unloaded with the time allowed. The line-pumps I've used
are all truck-mounted and are *really large* so I don't know if something
from the rental yard will do the job.

    OTOH if you're pouring something bigger than anchors, i.e. self-support
tower base, you DO want to go to the rental yard and get a concrete vibrator.
This'll move the concrete around in the hole easily and is *really* worth the
forty bucks or so it costs to rent.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,