[TowerTalk] What a weekend!!!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What a weekend!!!
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:37:12 -0700
Hi Bill,

If I correctly underatnd your suggestion, I disagree with it.  I think you are
telling
Ford to point his antenna into the wind, which would put the elements broadside
to the
wind.  If so, this will be the MAXIMUM wind loading on the elements, not
minimum.  The
ENDS of the elements must point into the wind for minimum element wind loading.

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com

Bill Hider wrote:

> Ford,
>
> Turn your beam so that it is "radiating" into the wind.  That's
> the least load on both the elements and the rotor.
>
> BTW, what melted?  Ice at the base of the tower?  What's your QTH?
>
> Bill, N3RR

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----