[TowerTalk] Concrete for Guy Points

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete for Guy Points
From: (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:58:53 -0400
>     How do people install them wrong?

They  screw them in at the wrong angle, ranging from vertical to
pointed away from the tower.

I took down a 45 that was guyed that way. The anchors were
angled AWAY from the tower. I had a friend help me put a tower
up, and he did that with the anchor he installed...and I saw one last
week with vertical anchors. It must be common, like upside-down
saddle clamps.

People also dig or bore holes and bury the anchors, so they don't
have to screw them in. Then the anchor in a "plug" of uncompacted

Where there is a way to mess up, it will happen.

73, Tom W8JI

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,