[TowerTalk] Question about Mast Yield Strength

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question about Mast Yield Strength
From: (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:15:00 -0400
2 questions:

1. The results of I get from using the MARC software package tells me I
can use a 2" OD pipe and/or tubing with a wall thickness of .120...and
then lists a variety of mast material.  Does the yield strength (listed
as 35000 for 6061-T6) change if the mast wall thickness is greater than
.120, say .250?

2. One material mentioned is 7075-T6.  Where is that material available
and at what price? The 'local' distributor, Dillsburg Aeroplane Works,
doesn't carry it.

Thanks & 73,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC