[TowerTalk] Newbie needs guidance

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Newbie needs guidance
From: (Geo. Clute)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:25:53 -0700
I just completed hand painting four 20 foot sections of tower.  The
hot dip galvanizing was beginning to show some rust and I learn that
the cold galvanizing spray cans were too expensive.   I was provided
information from a commercial paint company that sells product to tank
and structural steel folks.

Devoe Coatings, Louisville, KY
Devguard 4160- Multi-Purpose Tank and Structural Primer

Comes in Gray or White.

It  brushed on nicely.   I found that it didn't really need to be
stirred as do other paints.  This is a very thick paint, and the tower
took 3/4 of a gallon.  Not easy painting, but the price was 31.00 per
gallon.  It must be used in a temp of 50 degrees or over.

George Clute - W7LFD

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,