[TowerTalk] Cushcraft X-9

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft X-9
From: (Howard Klein)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 11:58:26

I have used the X-9 for almost 3 years. It was an original installation at
this QTH. I have used several tribanders, quads and a 5 element monobander
on a 26 foot boom previously. Since they were at a different location the
comparison would not be scientific but my gut feeling is this is the best
antenna I have used in almost 40 years. For a comparison of tribanders try
the booklet available from Champion Radio as a good starting point. I
suppose as another TT'er stated the small difference between the X-9 and the
X-7 may be the reason the X-9 was discontinued but for squeezing out the
last drop I would not hesitate to recommend the X-9. If I can help with any
specific information contact me directly.

To: <>
>Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:22:34 -0700
>Hello TT
>I would like to talk to someone who has the X-9 or X-7 up and pro/cons of
>this antenna. What did it replace and are you satisfied with the
>performance.  Thanks in advance.

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,