[TowerTalk] RCS-8 Ameritron coax switch

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RCS-8 Ameritron coax switch
From: (
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:32:41 +0000
Recently took down the RCS8 switch from the tower where
it had been for about 8 years. It had stopped
functioning properly. Upon opening it, I found  a green
(like copper) oxidation on all the coax connecters. I
have not yet tested it, but from the condition inside I
suspect the relay contacts will all have to be cleaned.
Any ideas of how best to clean would be appreciated. I'm
inclined to hit the coax connectors with a small wire
brush but anybody else's experience might be of help.
Pete W2YG

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,