[TowerTalk] Opinions please--re: 40-2CD compared to XM-240

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Opinions please--re: 40-2CD compared to XM-240
From: (Roger D. Johnson)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:04:37 -0400
 So much for my memory! Should have consulted "Yagi Antenna Design"
by Jim Lawson first. Pete is correct.....F/B falls off more slowly
above resonance with a 2 el reflector design.

 What I was trying to remember is that the gain peak and F/B peak do
not occur at the same frequency. With a 2el reflector Yagi, the gain
peak is below the F/B peak so tuning it a bit higher can provide some
benefit. With only 2 elements, everything is a bit of a compromise.

73, Roger

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,