[TowerTalk] Lower Mast Question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lower Mast Question
From: (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:53:19 -0600

I am putting a Force 12 C31XR and EF240s on my 60' tower with a 6'
separation between (the 40m yagi will be rotated 90 deg with respect to the
tribander). I want to mount the T2X rotator as far down the tower as
possible - in fact the nearer the base the better. I have 20' of 2" OD
schedule 40 aluminum tubing for the top section of the mast. I presume that
since the lower section(s) will essentially only have a torsional stress
that I can use less expensive tubing than schedule 40 aluminum.

Any recommendations for the lower section of the mast and what technique I
should use to couple the sections together?

.. sylvan

Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, SK

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,