[TowerTalk] RE: Bent Mast

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Bent Mast
From: (Ed Wolf)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:52:25 -0400
Don't know how high the tower is, but.
I had a similar problem a few years ago on my
50 foot tower. What we ended up doing was climbing
the tower and tossing a "heavy" rope over the top
antenna, and coaxing it into position around the
mast. Then three of us pulled and pulled until
the mast was pretty much folded over 180 degrees.
Then we removed the antennas upside down and used
a gin pole to remove the mast. Really was quite easy.

Ed Wolf - ars:N3UE - NA40+TR.PA

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,