[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Anti-Climb Panels

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anti-Climb Panels
From: (
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:03:37 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/01 6:29:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 

> I would like to purchase a Universal freestanding tower, but they do not
>  offer anti-climb panels as a accessory. Does anyone know where I could
>  purchase some that would fit the Universal tower? I don't know if the
>  Rohn tower panels would work with it. Any ideas?

    Anti-climb panels are just chunks of sheet metal. Get some 4x8 sections 
of relatively thin gauge sheet metal and have a machine shop chop them for 
you. They should cover the tower face at the bottom and 8 feet up - that's 
high enough to discourage anyone from trying to climb over them.

    The attachment method is up to you; i.e. hose clamps, nuts and bolts, 
hangers, etc. You'll be amazed at how much money you save doing it this way.

Cheers,    Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech 

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,
safety equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>