[TowerTalk] Telrex Antenna

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telrex Antenna
From: (Monty Taylor)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:04:59 -0500

I posted requests for information on a Telrex TB5EM on this reflector.  The
replies are really great.  I am now beginning to wonder what antenna I have.
The balun is the Telrex balun for sure.  The boom though is only 17 feet,
plus or minus, in length and appears to be 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter.
The there are 5 elements and the two trapped elements are definetly Telrex,
with the dooknob capacitors encapusulated on the inductor covered witht the
classic red-orange epoxy sealant.  If anyone has one that even looks like
this, let me know the model number or even if it is a Telrex.  The lack of
knowledge on my part is frustrating!  (I did own a Telrex TB6EM back in

Monty/WB5GLB since 1967

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,