[TowerTalk] Telrex TB5EM? with a GAMMA or BETA match

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telrex TB5EM? with a GAMMA or BETA match
From: (Monty Taylor)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:49:50 -0500
I want to thank all who responded to my inquiry concerning the Bundle of
aluminum I have that is to be assembled.  After unbundling everything I made
another discovery.  A the feed point of the antenna, the insulated, trapped
driven element point, there are two (2) parallel 1/2 or so aluminum tubes
mounted on the boom about two (2) feet long.  These are insulated from the
boom at the feed point, and terminated at the other together via a clamp.
They are about 1/2 inch parallel above the boom also.  Reminds me of a
hairpin, on a larger scale and much narrower, that was used on my old HyGain
204BA that I had years ago.  The question:  Has anyone seen one of these and
what is it?  Identification or suggestions really appreciated.  I though I
had it nailed down as Telrex TB5EM.

Best Regards,

Monty/WB5GLB since 1967

List Sponsor: - Trylon self-supporting towers,