[TowerTalk] Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: ka4inm@qsl.net (Ron KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 12:33:38 +0000
Hi:

> Surely its sensible to run all underground cables in a cheap PVC etc. water
> pipe. Then, you can change or add cables at a later date quite easily.

  I vote for the much more inexpensive black Poly pipe, frequently
used to irrigate. the smooth flexible tubing is low in fraction and
makes the bends slowly without any fittings.
 (the use of direct burial coax such as Times UDF-400 or such is
recommended because of the polyethylene jacked, vinyl jacketed coax
should never be used outside of the buildings)
  With this cheaper tubing you can bury 1" or 1 1/2" much cheaper
than 3/4" of PVC.

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----