[TowerTalk] House Entry

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] House Entry
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:54:11 -0400
At 09:38 AM 4/30/01 EDT, wrote:
>In a message dated 4/30/01 12:25:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> writes:
>> You might also want to consider using aluminum sheet, or mounting the
>>  thinner copper on a same-size sheet of plywood for structural strength.
>    Don't forget that what you want is to have the sheet mounted on
>insulating standoffs. If you DO take a strike, you may set your house on
>if your grounding plate is mounted directly on wood siding.

I realize there is potential for a leakage path to ground through the wood,
but the intent is for most of the strike energy to go to ground at the
tower end, with the disconnect/grounding panel only taking care of the

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at