[TowerTalk] Guy to Tower Attachment?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy to Tower Attachment?
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:40:44 -0700
Hi John,

Rohn no longer makes the TB25D Torque Bars.  I happen to have one new set left
over from a previous buy but it is the last set I have (I am a Rohn Dealer).  I
am asking $58.49 plus shipping for this set.  There may another set available
somewhere in the country, but I don't know where . . .

I also have two new GA25GD Guy Attachment kits in stock at $61.56 each plus
shipping.  I have not seen a lower price on this item . . .

I also have a used Guy Attachment of an earlier design that you can have for
$25.00, plus shipping.

I also must tell you that I have tower consisting of 11 sections of Rohn 25
installed in my back yard.  It is guyed at 4 levels and has no GA25GD's or
Torque Bars on it.  It has been up since 1973 without problems.  I attached the
guys as you suggested by wrapping them around a tower leg, making sure not to
put the tower welds under stress, just as Rohn shows in one of their catalogs.
I did not cushion with garden  hose since I felt there would be little or no
movement of the guy against the galvanizing and so far, everything looks just
fine in that respect.

If you want to take the "twist" out of your tower, the best way to do it is to
use the TA25 Torque Arm Stabilizer.  The drawback is that it requires a set of 6
guy wires at one level where it is installed.

If you want to estimate the shipping costs of any of this stuff, the weights are
on my web page along with my zip code and that is all you need.

http://www.reprise.com/antronics/default.asp

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com

teamw wrote:

> I am puting up a 72 ft Rohn 25 tower and am using three sets of guys for 110
> mph winds (Central Florida coast).  I will be using the Rohn GA25GD Guy
> Bracket Assembly with TB25D Torque Bars at the top but funds are getting
> short and the GA25GD is not cheap.
> In the past I have secured guy wires to towers by just looping round the
> vertical tubing and securing with wire clamps. I cushioned the guys with a
> piece of garden hose at the loop point to protect the galvanizing. I would
> be interested in TT readers methods in the way of alternative, cost
> effective, low maintenance methods of securing their guys to the
> tower.Unless someone has a cheap source of GA25GD's?
> de John AB4ET
> teamw@quixnet.net
>
> List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
> safety equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
> http://www.championradio.com
>
> -----

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com