[TowerTalk] answers re rotor control bulb

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] answers re rotor control bulb
From: w2fca@qsl.net (Frank Ayers)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 04:28:54 -0700
The 1819 shows as having a life of 2500 hours and produces .34
MSCP of light (candle power of some sort). The 1820 shows a life
of 1000 hours but produces 1.6 MSCP so it's about 3 times brighter.

There is also a 757 with a current of .08 and a light output
of .62 MSCP but a rated life of 7500 hours. I might check that
one out sometime. All cost about 80 cents each at Mouser.

Frank
W2FCA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Date: 5/1/01 8:56:58 PM
>

>I got lots of answers, fast, and I want to thank all who were
so helpful.
>The answers did have what I needed, but raised some other questions.-
>will try to answer.
>1. the diagram for a HAM iv shows the number as 1819. Where
did I get
>'1820'? - My diagram simply says 'bulb', and the bulb and two
fuses are
>lumped in a replacement package. No ID there.  I got the '1820'
the
>simplest way- off the burned-out bulb.
>2. the (probably correct) type 1819 draws 0.04 Amp- the 1820
draws 0.1 Amp.
> I do not know the difference in Lumens. I wonder if that is
why it burned
>out?
>3. there are several sources at a cost of $.55- RS has them
listed for
>$1.19- In other words, if RS does not have them locally, I guess
I will pay
>the shipping, which will be much more than the double price
from RS.

>Much thanks to all
>Bill-W4BSG
>-
>Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
> Woodville, Alabama, US 35776
> (in the N.E. corner of the State)
>      W4BSG   --   Grid EM64vr
>        baycock@HiWAAY.net
>             w4bsg@arrl.net
>
>List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
>safety equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
>http://www.championradio.com
>
>-----

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com