[TowerTalk] Grips

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grips
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 22:50:37 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/01 11:49:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time, n3rr@erols.com
writes:

> It makes no sense at all to use grips and clamps.  Grips replace clamps in
>  the functionality they perform.  Go to my Website www.erols.com/n3rr and
>  click on Guying Subsystem to see what these grips look like.  They are
>  called ROHN Big Grips (for the steel wire) and PLP Glass Grips (for the
>  fiberglass wire).

    Actually the manufacturer is Preformed Line Products. Rohn is just a
dealer. They also make the ones for Phillystran and just about all of the
rest too.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="a">http://www.championradio.com</A>

-----