[TowerTalk] Temporary tower use

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Temporary tower use
From: eric_schurman@hotmail.com (Eric Schurman)
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 19:43:54 -0000
>      I hope you take my comments in the same vein in which they were
>given:
>friendly advice from a colleague who doesn't want anyone hurt.

Definitely taken in that vein. :)

Last year we built a 67' tall 10'x10' tower out of structural scaffolding.
It took a team of 6 people approximately 80 hours. This was FAR too much
work, so we've been looking for a better solution. We've got plenty of good
arresting and safety gear, as well as some structural engineers. We were
hoping to go for a prefab solution in which someone else has done the
engineering and we can take advantages of economies of scale.

A crank up model does sound like a good solution in many ways-I'm
investigating them more now. One of the things I liked about the 25G
solution is that it really doesn't take that much storage space when it is
not being used, whereas the crankups all seem pretty big.

-eric