[TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk Digest V4 #189

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk Digest V4 #189
From: georgekr5c@cablelynx.com (George Lee)
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 23:23:51 -0500
Steve, I know of a lubricant that will last.  It is very messy as it is part
graphite.  At the company where I retired from, it is used on bolts and nuts
with temperatures above 1800 degrees fahrenheit.  It is used at lower temps,
I used that as an example of one of its properties.  Don't get it one you.
Not toxic but about the messiest thing I have ever seen.  The name is "Never
Seez" but I'm not sure of the spelling now after years away from it.

Many years ago I was able to get a compound with "banana oil" in it.  I put
it on an aluminum to steel mast connection and believe me, I was never able
to keep the antenna oriented in the correct direction.  After more than a
year of climbing and reorienting, I finally thru-bolted.

Have no idea of the name anymore as that was about 25 year ago. I use
ordinary vaseline on all my section joints and after years of being in the
air I never have problems taking sections apart.

Just my ramblings, but true stories.

73, George KR5C

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----