[TowerTalk] Joined Guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Joined Guys
From: mschad@fschad.com (Mikael Schad)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 19:56:56 -0400
Tower installation is not my area of expertice,but I hope someone can help
with a concern I have. The company I work for recently had three guyed
towers installed. I noticed that a large portion of the guy wires are
actually two pieces that have been joined together. I some cases they are
bolted together and in others simply spliced and wrapped together. The
installer claims that this is normal, common sense tells me it can't be.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
mschad@fschad.com

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----