[TowerTalk] Angle of maximum wind force on Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Angle of maximum wind force on Yagis
From: K7NV@contesting.com (Kurt Andress)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:12:52 -0700
Hi Gene,
The direction of maximum exposed antenna area, hence maximum force
developed by the antenna on the support structure, is either with the
elements or the boom broadside to the wind, whichever direction produces
the largest sum of projected antenna member areas is it. It's not somewhere
in between, as was thought a decade ago, somewhere in between produces the
lowest antenna loads on the structure.

You can read about it in the K5IU articles cited in the post N8SM referred
to, or the latest ARRL Antenna Book, 19th Edition, Pg 22-18. Or, you can
get some software that does it.

--
73, Kurt, K7NV

http://yagistress.freeyellow.com

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----