[TowerTalk] CushCraft-Hy-Gain Merger

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CushCraft-Hy-Gain Merger
From: davidw@copper.net (David J. Windisch)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 06:48:03 -0400
Hi, all concerned:

Been reading the threads on wind stress, element type and placement, and am
mindful of the Prime Directive.

The merger reference is to putting one or two additional elements, DE and
REF, sourced from a HyGain 402BA, onto the 2-1/2" X 18' CC X7 boom,
providing 40M coverage.

Scenarios and questions:

The CC X740 40M dipole stock add-on is end-loaded and nested 4-plus feet in
from the REF-end of the boom.   The 402's DE element is linear-loaded.
leading to, I would suspect, different secondary-resonances.

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----